At the last meeting of the year Lodge No 9017, Gloucestershire Round Table Lodge, take a retrospective on what has been a remarkable year in which six new members were made Master Masons.
- A double Initiation in January (9017)
- A Passing in January (9439)
- Installation February
- An Initiation in March (9017)
- Another double initiation in April (9017)
- 2 Passing ceremonies in April (855 & 5928)
- A Passing in June (8319)
- The Summer BBQ when a fine time was had by all
- A Passing in September (9017)
- A Passing (8319) and 2 Raisings in October (9017 & 855) with an extremely convivial Trafalgar Night Dinner
- 4 Raisings in November (Lodges 9017, 8319, 8566 & 855)
- Finally in December the presentation of 6 Grand Lodge Certificates to the six new master masons: Bros Rob Burgon, Vince Howell, Steve Britton, Amit Pandya, Eric Gardiner, and John Lewis. The certificate presentation and a through explanation was conducted by the Lodge’s three grand officers W Bros Ian Davies, David Carter and Richard Reeve in the presence of the brethren’s wives and partners. The event was finished off with a hearty Christmas festive board for the 85 masons and wives present.
As the Lodge had more candidates than it could accommodate itself within the year each of our candidates had at least one ceremony conducted by one of the other lodges meeting at Venn’s Acre in Wotton under Edge, as well as by one Stroud based Lodge. The Lodge would again like to thank them for their assistance.
- Lodge of Sympathy No. 855
- St Lawrence Lodge No. 5928
- Lodge of the Perfect Ashlar No. 8319
- Lodge of Grace No. 8566
- Gloucestershire Provincial Grand Stewards’ Lodge No. 9439
As a show of support and brotherhood at least 10 brethren from Gloucestershire Round Table Lodge were at each meeting with some of them contributing to the ceremonial and continuing the link with the brother’s mother lodge.
At the December meeting the Immediate Past Master, Adam Pascoe, paid fulsome tribute to the current Master, Tim Benn, for taking us through such as successful year.
Our thanks to Steve Tainton, Secretary of Gloucestershire Round Table Lodge for this report.